A Fork in the Road
In an effort to get myself revved up again for the upcoming race season, I've been finalizing my race schedule for the next year. I should have all of the kinks worked out tonight because I'm meeting with my other residents to negotiate our weekend schedule after Jan 1st. When I was looking up the dates for my prospective races, I discovered that 2007's Twin Cities Marathon will fall on my birthday. Hmm...
After this past year, I swore that a marathon 3 weeks after Ironman just wasn't worth it. Now I'm just wondering... I'd like to get your opinion, so I will present the pros and cons.
- The 2007 marathon will be 4 weeks after Ironman. This year's was only 3 weeks post IM.
- It's on my birthday - what a fun way to celebrate! I ran my second marathon on my 21st birthday, and it was a blast.
- There's a good chance that my sister Steph will be signing up for the first time this year. I'd love to be able to run it with her.
- Being a week later next year may mean a little cooler weather. 50 degrees is much more agreeable to me than 70+.
-Presumably, I won't have pneumonia next year. It certainly complicated things this year.
- Streaks! This would be my 8th one in a row.
- Steve's all for it. He already told me he thinks I should do it.
- Who knows what the family planning situation will be in 2008. I may not be in a state to run marathons...
- Running the marathon on top of IM this past year greatly extended my need for recovery time.
- Um, this year wasn't exactly a PR.
- I would run the race just because I could and may take the spot away from someone whose dream it is to someday run a marathon.
I dunno. I'm just putting my thoughts down for now. I won't actually have to decide until the beginning of May this spring. Any thoughts out there?
Friday Funny 1265: Sarcastic Office Notes
23 hours ago