by | |
Back in the Saddle

Not too much time to post - I just got off work and have to head home to get ready for company. Just wanted to let you know that I'm back at it, and with a bang. I did a fairly easy swim to recover from the HIM on Monday, but I had a pretty good sized knot in my left quad, so I took it easy Tues and Wed. Better to let a couple of easy/medium workouts go and get in the really tough ones scheduled for this weekend. Last night, I hopped back on the bike and knew that I'd be fine doing the rest of my workouts this week.

This morning, I got up at 3:50 AM to get in my 16+ mile run before heading to work. The problem: I am NOT a morning person, but for some odd reason, I was up and at 'em, ready to go. I had everything layed out last night. It helps me to peel myself out of bed come morning. I ate a Cliff bar and headed out. The first couple of miles were slow. It was cool this morning, but it was so humid that my body was working overtime just to suck in air.

It was kind of fun feeling like I had the whole city to myself. Seriously, I probably only saw 5 people during the first hour. Soon the city started coming to life, and I started picking up the pace. I finished my 16.3 mile run in just over 2:46. My legs actually felt great, and I never hit the point where I felt like I wanted to walk. Maybe my body is finally realizing who's boss! I have a 2 mile swim tomorrow and a 100 mile bike with a run afterward on Sunday. More later!

0 comments: